Monday, March 15, 2010

Big changes on the home front


So much has happened over the past two weeks it's hard to explain it all. So I won't post about because it's really not my place to share the good news.

On a more sobering note GG's oldest living sister Alice passed away last week. She was 99. Now there are three of the Sullivan sisters left; GG, Murry and Fern. I could tell she was sad about it but at the same time it was expected. We actually thought she wasn't going to make it past Christmas but if I have learned anything about my family while doing this is that we tend to live just about to forever and just when people think we're down and out we come out of the corner swinging!

GG said "well I guess that officially makes me the matriarch now.... not that I didn't run things with a silent fist before but now it's OFFICIAL!" She did say something though that was pretty sad, well at least to me. A few hours after got the phone call about Alice she got the phone call with the good news. She said "you know Meag, I just keep sitting her and all these things just keep happening in the world outside. I fell like I just get news updates." Clearly I need to get GG out more....

Now that Alice wasn't able to make it to 100 GG is more determined than ever to do it. Especially given her crush on Obama with his tailored suits and nice teeth. ;)

She talked a little about my grandpa's brother's and sisters and how she thinks Italian families that they portray on TV must not have been written by an Italian because they have no clue what those families are really like. I have noticed that her chair has been creeping closer and closer to the TV lately....she either needs a bigger tv or she should get new glasses....

I love my Saturdays with GG. We are trying to figure out a date when I can take her up to visit her sister in Napa. Also I have started applying for grants to help me finish the project correctly so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment